Everybodies Hometown...

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saturday Report

I'm sitting in the office (school) listening to Ted Hawkins (thanks Flash, and answer my email will you!). You will be happy to know that it is raining out, which isn't a big problem except for the fact that it rained yesterday and the day before that.

Even that wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact I'm way behind on reducing my gringo level - i.e. getting a tan. I'm not even a 'Beyonce brown' yet. Fact is I could probably get as tan as I am now in Philly in winter time. This is very disturbing to me because I can't come back to Philly in March without being at least 12x as dark - skin cancer be damned! Nobody will believe I was in Costa Rica, they will think it's all just some elaborate scam - me bouncing back and forth between Longwood Gardens and the Philly Zoo snapping pictures and touching them up with Photoshop.


We haven't moved in to the 'castle' yet because the electric co. didn't hook up the meter yesterday. We're moving in today regardless of the power status. Candles will work fine for a couple of days. We will have to borrow some power from our neighbor Memo or else we won't have any water either since that comes from a well. Don't feel to bad for me as it's still an improvement from cell block 12.


Last night I went out for a Friday night in downtown Cahuita. Spent a whopping 5000 colones! That's 10 bucks to you. For my effort I received in return 8 lovely bottles of Imperial beer. There are a bunch of bars in town but two seem to dominate - Coco's and Ricky's and out of the two Ricky's dominates Coco's so really there is only one place to go in town. The music varies from raggae to louder raggae to kareokee raggae.


Last night there was more than one homeless guy walking around with a big leaf for an umbrella which is kind of funny to see.

There is also a guy in town who is destined to become the President of the Caribbean chapter of 'Guys with Hats'....I'll get a picture.


So far the only communication problem seems to be between myself and Chuck. Turns out the Swedish nannies (Svedish nah-nies) are actually Swiss nannies. I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference or not but it does makes PinF's Ricola scam a bit more relevant. As I mentioned before, this requires more investigation and since we are moving to the north end of town today, I'll have ample time to do just that.

That's it for now, got to go wire some electric.

2 Comments:

Blogger cns said...

don't ruin your skin chuck
pale is the new tan

6:00 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Mama Smurf,

Don't worry, I use aloe. Besides I've only been tan once in my life so I'm way behind most people...

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home