Everybodies Hometown...

Saturday, August 12, 2006

...So much for retirement

WOW!

Dare I say it was a flurry of comment activity?

Ok, maybe not a flurry but at least a dusting? And the snow analogies are fitting because it looks like I will be wintering in Stowe Vermont. What can I say from one extreme to the other.

So my retirement doesn't appear like it will last very long. I'm not talking about the blog either, I'm referring to my "semi-retired" occupational status. I've been telling everyone lately that I'm semi-retired. How many people do you know my age that don't have a single monthly expense? I'm not talking about my bar tab at the Plumstead, I'll never be able to get rid of that, but no rent, no car payment, no cable bill, no electric, no health insurance - well you can't have everything! No sooner do I start to actually get the hang of it, and BLAMMO! It's over.

Anyway the point was or is, I'm going back into the corporate sector. I'll be working for a local ISP in Stowe called Powershift. Soon I will have a lease and a phone and all the other things that come with being a normal human being. How distasteful! Oh well I can always re-retire.

So I guess if I'm joining the real world again, I should join the blog world as well. Actually it was seeing all the comments from my crew of regular readers that made me laugh and smile and think that maybe you really do miss me.

Don't answer that. Let a man dream. After all I've already had to give up my retirement this month what more do you want from me?

I will now begin the process of gearing up to be the Misadventures you all new. Please be patient, the engine has been off for quite awhile and it takes a bit of time to prime it up. But once it gets started look out!

9 Comments:

Blogger cns said...

have you become a mainstreamer?
what's next...marriage, 2 kids, and the mini-van

welcome back charles bb

2:38 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

big smiles over here at akjn...I am not going to welcome you back 'cuz you really never left :)

Please don't buy a mini van!

3:15 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Chuck you already are the MofC I "no". I love the Chuckisms. Welcome back we missed ewe.

4:53 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

i'm gonna throw up

5:46 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

Is there going to be a Lift Ticket donation drive anytime soon?

12:25 PM

 
Blogger tedman said...

Let me know when you want me to drive the FJ-40 LC up. I'm off Fridays.....

8:05 PM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

Chuck,
You're still my hero. My dream, and I mean mental illusion on a semi-conscious loop, has me retired without a bill in the world. I'm only 47, yes, much older than you, but still harbor this (fantasy) dream that I can plant roots in Nicaragua and live off my meager military retirement pension. Then the illusion is always shattered. But you've done it, if sporatically, and so I'll hold on to the dream. I just hope it doesn't take till age 60 before I realize it.
Glad you're back man. Best!

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painter: U never miss a beet! I love u.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

D2B2---you know it's right back atcha!!...PinF loves ewe two. You're the only one hoo got it I think. :)

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home