Everybodies Hometown...

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy Birthdady Didi

The craftsman opened up the shop again last week, to finish up this project for my mom's birthday.

I didn't actually build the bench this time, just stripped and repainted.

I had some leftover cork flooring that I used to make the motif that I glued to the backrest. Unfortunatly, the glue expanded up around the edges of the pieces and gave me fits. For the most part I was able to get it off, but unlike wood I couldn't really sand it, or the color on the surface of the cork would come off.


I'll get the final picture for you today, of the bench resting and decorated in mom's living room.

In other news, maybe I put up a picture of my new toy?

6 Comments:

Blogger PokerPro said...

Chuck, I was hoping to see a pic of the new toy and maybe some new hottie on the back of it, as well! C'mon man! Get to posting!

12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it Gorilla glue that expanded? You gotta be careful with the urethane based glues.

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

It was that damn gorilla glue! I see you have experienced that.

I even read the instructions and was expecting it, but I should have stood by and cleaned as it oozed out of the cracks....

6:25 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

happy bday mrs. bb

does the bench come with a pitcher of margaritas?

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Yes, but you weren't invited.

9:30 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

The corner of Lincoln & Lincoln has developed into quite the hotbed in the arts & crafts community!

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home