Everybodies Hometown...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Slept much better...

Last night I slept much better. The bat(s) were chirping up a bunch of noise around 10:25 pm so I told them to shut up or I was going to bang the side of the 2x6 they were nested behind with a stick! It seemed to work as they were quite for the rest of the night. Regardless the "notice of eviction" is going up today. There will be some space for subletting shortly. Tenant must be small and quite.

The "clammy" factor was only a modest 6 compared with the previous nights 8.5. The clammy factor works on the same 'factor of 10' scale as the Richter scale, so every .1 counts.

All the creatures outside the house - which will, from now on be referred to as "the ark", reasons forthcoming - were quiet. Chuck postulates that it is because we have been peeing off the second story balcony and have established a "territorial" perimeter around the house. In order to test this theory Chuck has tasked me with drinking all night at Walters until I have pee'd around the perimeter of the entire property, thus expanding our area of domination. This task I will have to do alone as Chuck M. doesn't drink anymore - or would that be anyMoore? Unless of course I can secure the company of the Swiss nannies?

The "ark" as I am now referring to it is the same "Caribbean" yellow inside downstairs, as it is outside. Ground floors tend to be block around here because termites are a problem.

The upstairs however is all wood, stained dark. There are no "inside" walls, only the wood siding on the outside (no need for insulation here), so I guess that makes the inside of the outside the inside? Between the wood, the exposed roof and the "flying hammock beds", with the addition of some inside clothes lines, it really does feel like and ark. Throw in the crashing of the waves on the reef and I feel like I'm at sea.

As soon as I replace the batteries in my camera I will upload some more pictures. Check back later today, as I have nothing else on my schedule for the week......

The sun still seems to be missing?!!

5 Comments:

Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Carlito--

Get things in order. PinF is coming for a (mis)Adventuras de Carlos stockholder's inspection. I'll need to do a cursory inspection of Walter's bar to inspect his operation and your hourly consumption rate. Please install an AC in my suite as PinF is adverse to "clammy" enviroments....I'm am looking into flights today. Also line up some three on three competition for Dos Chuckies y PinF

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

That might be just what we need to stir things up around here...

PS - Please bring 2 nets.

12:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

QUIET

1:01 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

i wanna go too pinf

1:10 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

CNN, trust me---your chalky complexion is not compatible to Central America....that's why all the Maya are dark skinned. You sit this one out champ, I'll get you a shirt. Leave the eco/adventure drinking to the big boys, PinF is well versed in the ways of the LBG's. (little brown guys)as such he needs no assistants tagging along drawing attention with their powdery appearances. Gracias por todo.

1:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home