Everybodies Hometown...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Small World

Yesterday Chuck and I decided to get some exercise. (I feel like I have a split personality saying Chuck & I. Just call me Sybil).

Anyway we decided to take the basketball and go to the hoop courts around 8pm, knowing full well that all the locals would be playing 4 on 4 already. 4 on 4 soccer that is, not basketball. BLASPHAMY!

Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. While we were waiting for our turn on the basketball/futbol court, an Asian says something to Chuck in english. Chuck in turn mentions that he speaks good english, even though it is obvious he didn't grow up in America.

He replys that he has been studying english in L.A. for two years. We strike up a conversation and he asks where we are from.

Chuck said Philadelphia to which he replied - "Oh, I used to live in Media."

HA! Small world. He went to DCCC for a summer session, lived by the Acme.

Everyone's Hometown indeed.

Go all the way to Costa Rica to meet a Japanese kid that used to live in Media. Go figure.

8 Comments:

Blogger cns said...

has he been to john's grill?

4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah butthe Asian guy ever climb the fence surrounding the transformer to shoot bottle rockets
from the roof of the Acme? I bet not!

6:11 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

Now if he said he'd been to Granger's that would eb a VERY small world indeed!

11:01 AM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

did he get a DUI while in Media?

12:25 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

did he get a DUI while in Media?

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

No.
No.
I doubt it as well.
No.
And no.

7:23 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

the world is getting too small...that is so random!
whoever came up with the "Everybody's Hometown" knew what they were talking about.
How did a smart Asian end up at DC cubed?

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

?? Don't know, I didn't get that far in the conversation, but I think it was his first semester in the US before he went to LA...

If I see him again I'll ask.

1:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home