Everybodies Hometown...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Legal mumbo jumbo

*DISCLAIMER*

Sorry folks, but I'm afraid I need to take up a bit of space with a bit of legal mumbo-jumbo. You see, upon deciding to get this blog up and running again, I got together with my crack legal team, my editor and even my unpaid intern, although we don't really listen to any of the suggestions by the unpaid intern, it's more to make him feel included. The whole staff was present, except for the "fluffer" who seems to have failed to report for work since we hired her.

It was decided collectively (but mostly by my crack legal team) that we should correct a certain error that has gone on for far too long here at the blog.

You see, the actual title of this blog is The Adventures of Chuck. As you will notice the "mis" is in parenthesis. It was supposed to be a blog about my adventures, and yes, sometimes my adventures take a wrong turn, hence they become misadventures. And probably through my own fault, most of the stories I write about tend to have a misadventure slant to them. I guess that is where the funny parts are?

Herein lies the problem that we are hoping to correct. You see, it has now become accepted in the world to refer to my blog - incorrectly - with the acronym of MofC. It has taken on a generic like status much like "kleenex."

At this point I am afraid, it will be too late to change it. However, in order to make the crack legal team happy I want to announce that officially both acronym's will from here on out, be accepted in referring to this blog - MofC or AofC.

Furthermore, in the future while both MofC and AofC can be used interchangeably, I will attempt to use AofC in blogs when referring to a situation in which the desired outcome was achieved and MofC in which the desired outcome wasn't.

Clear? No?

Let me give you an example:

Let's say for instance I was going to tell you a story about how my friend Hari (http://www.adozenodiscs.blogspot.com/) and Tim decided to throw me into a mud puddle after soccer practice one day. Well, that would be a AofC story.

But, if I were to tell you that after already being tossed in the mud puddle, I decided of my own free will, to jump back in and how I landed on a submerged rock, thereby gouging my back, that would be a MofC story.

Still not clear? Hmmmm......

If I were to tell you a story about college, when we had a "Battle of the Intramural Champions" and I decided to get together for a little "private celebration" with one of the girls on my team, Well that would be a true AofC story!

If I were to tell you the story of how I was "muff-diving" on this girl, only to have my girl friend of the time walk in on us, well that would be a MofC story!!!

Clear as crystal now.

This ends the legal mumbo-jumbo. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

*DISCLAIMER*

8 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

wow-2 posts in a 24 hour period :)
You will always be MofC to me, sweetie!

2:27 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

R rated mofc

7:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck,

I didn't know "muff diving" was an officially santioned intramural sport at Penn State. Regardless, congrats on making it to the Championship.

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

CNN, just because you were looking for juicy details of my sex life, doesn't mean I will spill them out for you on the blog in X-rated format. You can find out yourself, just like all the others - the old fashioned way.

And for the record, it was during my "Lumberjack" days, not my "Nittany Lion" days. The second time I went to college.

10:16 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

wow...congrats AofC...you now possess one of the only---if not THE only capitalized letters ever issued by CNN....an "R"....

You goaded her beautifully, the bait was laid out, the trap set...and BINGO!!!
CNN jumped in and typed a CAPITAL LETTER "R". This new edgier, craftier and cynical AofC is tricky....very tricky----especially since we all know there is no sex life of AofC....

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Yeah.

Now if I could only get an "X" out of CNN, that would be 2 WHOLE CAPITALS, and SEX!

An improvement on both fronts.

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

I can't wait until she read this - I think that snow white skin of hers will look like she spent 2 hours in the sun, unprotected.

9:35 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

JGLOW says don't diss the powda

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home