Everybodies Hometown...

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Betty

Every car I've owned has had a nickname, and my newold Honda is no exception - Betty. Now this isn't the name that I came up, but one that came with the car - much like the radio, heater, AC, power windows, windshield washer, and all the other creature comforts I've forgotten.

And there is nothing wrong with the name Betty, ships are often named after women and this is nothing but a land-ship, but I am going to make a slight moderation. It will now be known as Battling Betty. In fact, I'm going to paint a picture of Lana Turner on the left front corner panel and write Battling Betty next to it, much like the pilots of WWII bombers did to their airplanes.

Why a picture of Lana Turner and not Betty Grable when the cars name is Battling Betty you ask? Because I like blonds.

Ah...Chuck? Betty Grable was a blond?

Hmmmmmm.


Anyway, Battling Betty and myself set out on a completely frivolous drive, 75 miles roundtrip to Burlington yesterday. Battling Betty has corrupted my soul. I now find myself making "extra" trips 2 miles to downtown Stowe, and often doing 35 mph in the 25 zone to boot! "Slow down speed demon!" Yesterday was no exception. I've been here 4 months now, which is also proof that time also flies by when you are having no fun, and I decided to head to Burlington for the first time - because I could. I went to Staples and bought some new black ink for my printer which has been sitting idly for two years since it ran out of ink. Now I'm printing all kinds of things....

Tune in tomorrow when Battling Betty and I conquer Mt. Mansfield.

9 Comments:

Blogger PokerPro said...

Chuck, you can paint a tiny blonde head on your corner panel for each new blonde "conquest" you make or maybe for each time a blonde shoots you down in flames.

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

The later would probably be more interesting, and keep the painter busy.

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't lose your edge driving around in that cushy newold ride! Not too much heat, easy on the digital radio, and for the love of god NO LUMBAR SUPPORT for you! Just when you feel pampered in the Battling Betty and find yourself driving to get a manacure;
-pull over
-exit car
-stick hand in pants to adjust (why? because it's fun)
-climb into Land Cruiser and ground yourself

Would Teddy R.have taken a stagecoach when he could ride his trusty steed through the Badlands? No.

7:55 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

I like BB...it's totally appropriate :)

Glad your ass is getting out!

Hari-real men DO get manicures :)

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Actually Hari, now that I have an automatic I generally drive around with my hands in my pants.

11:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially with cruise control.....

12:34 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

How is the chest waxing going?

12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will wake up from this feminine blog any moment now and be stuck in 3 feet of snow. That's the amount INSIDE the Toyota.

7:20 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

I'd rather wake up inside the Toyota stuck in 3 feet of feminine's...

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home