Everybodies Hometown...

Friday, May 11, 2007

26 miles across the sea...Santa Catalina is the place for me

MoC's former stomping grounds - Santa Catalina Island - off the coast of L.A. are on fire!

It seems the fire is right on the outskirts of Avalon, (MoC was at the other end of the island - the "Isthmus").

Avalon, Catalina as opposed to Avalon NJ, is where Chuck got his "wikiwacked" at Luau Larry's, got his flattop flattened (when he actually had hair) at Lolo's barber shop, played golf on the 9 hole golf course, drank "Consuelo's" at Mi Casita's, drank Capt.-n-cokes at the Chi Chi club, spent 3 days in the hospital after running a boat into a buoy and fell in love. (no not all in 1 night! well, actually maybe all in 1 night?)

Now the falling in love part had nothing to do with the 3 days in the hospital, they were completely separate incidents. Coming around the point at night is when I bumped into the buoy. Coming around the corner in the day time, is when I bumped into Heather. However, the 3 days in the hospital may have had something to do with the "Consuelo's" at Mi Casita's and a late night at the Chi Chi club. I don't remember - and unlike Gonzales, I have 20 years on my side as an excuse. That and that old Morgan fellow.

I wish I had pictures, well actually I do. I just don't have them in digital. They weren't on the market yet, but if you would like to stop over sometime, I can show you an old photo album?

12 Comments:

Blogger cns said...

this sounds like a krush groove screenplay?

it reminds me of "the adventures of black jack the cat"

it's really o u t there...

10:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always thought that Heather ruined you for the rest of us.........I think is was her that sent you into your whole "I am rock, I am an island" way of thinking.

12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although, it truly is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before!

2:48 PM

 
Blogger tedman said...

Chuck,

Is that the same Chi Chi's that was up the Granite Run Mall? Good Margarita's. Btw, you forgot the Moose Milk, or whatever it was you drank.

7:59 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

After you "bumped" into Heather did you guys make sure you put out your post-coital cigarettes?? Geez Chuck, the humanity!!!

10:11 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

chuck in love? i don't believe it, although it explains the birth of mean chuck

heather lives with krush now on the boat...maybe you stage another maritime accident

10:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather is a true survivor, she survived a scorpian sting AND a Chuck relationship!

What about the fish taco joint?

Wasn't your boating accident during Natalie Wood Reinactment Day?

2:42 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Ruined? Nah.
Buffalo Milk, not Moose Milk.
We don't smoke.
Yes it's true, but there really is no mean Chuck.
Fish Taco's was Northern California, not Catalina. But good memory with the scorpian sting, I'm impressed.

6:51 AM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

Now a fire in the Pinelands? Very suspicious, looks like the work of Mean Chuck!

12:13 PM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

I hung out there a few times in the '80s. My friend had a friend (rich friend) with a condo, so we'd leech and bike and enjoy the weird vibe.

Hey Chuck, why not get a scanner and share some of those pics with us, huh?

10:18 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Do they still make scanners?

I'll see what I can do...

7:44 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

You could hand write your blog, scan it and post it, just think of all the time you'll save typing!

12:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home