Everybodies Hometown...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday update

Well I've got good news, it's your lucky day!



That's right. Your here, and you are actually rewarded with something new to read! Now, if I can only make it entertaining....let me apologize up front, it probably won't be. That said let's get started, but let me back up a bit -



The past month I've jumped right back into the carpentry field and managed to smash my thumb only once. However, that has kept me pretty busy and left little time for blogging. In addition, not having an Internet connection of my own, made it a bit harder to get online.



That has all been resolved. Yesterday, Comcast was here to hook me up and I've signed my life away getting one of their "bundle" packages - Cable, Internet (high speed of course), Phone, morning coffee and laundry service. It's the deluxe package and I think I'm paying $250/month.



Of course, having my Internet hooked up, means that I have to have a wall for the cable to stick out of. This was resolved last week when I found a nice little apartment in Media (see picture). My thanks to PokerPro for helping me, or in this case reverse helping me. By not being in the office on any of the one, two, three occasions that I stopped in, I was forced to find an apartment from someone other than Media Real Estate.





Here's a picture of the new command center. I'm enjoying a Monday morning before work in my own living room, watching sport center and typing a blog. Now if I could only figure out when Comcast will get here to make me some coffee?

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckie: That looks great! Nice job. I know where you can get a wonderful black table that would be perfect for the vacant side wall to hold you TV! ;-)

10:32 AM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

Is that a drum and a yoga ball I see in the picture? And my presence or lack there of, should have had no bearing on your quest for a new crib.

10:35 AM

 
Blogger cns said...

cute apt chuck
can't wait to see it
i got some pansies for you

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Pokerpro, you are correct!

And CNN, you keep your panties to yourself!

6:34 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

A+ on the apt, beebs...looks good!

Are you becoming a drumming yoga master too?

6:51 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

the leather chair has a face on it
is that mean chuck's mean chair?

7:56 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

That's a negative on the drumming yogi master - simply decoration.

Kind of like the workout ball in the other corner....


OH MY GOD! It's the face of Jesus! I'm selling the chair on Ebay...

6:53 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

what is that blue thing plugged ino the wall...do you sit on it?

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

It's another piece or rarely used exercise equipment, only the plug is actually running over to my command center #2. It just looks like it's a vibrating half ball....

6:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For another $50 to Comcast you could have gotten the monthly happy ending package-

4:27 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

So where is the "good news"?

That you're not being a man and stealing some wireless wi-fi, but instead your "taking it" from the man? Poppycock I say. Cxl service get a wireless router and climb on board the Wi-Fi groove train. like a man. That'll be good news you ex-mountain posing hippie sellout.

As for PP, That Media RE gig is nothing but, you know...rhymes with blunt. So he can...you know...rhymes with ramble.....


He's no more a realtor than Joey Merlino was a restaurateur.

Honestly?

The place looks like Flash's---only rearranged. Whats up witht giant blue mushroom cap on the floor.....is that a Wonka motiff you got going there>?

5:57 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Hari,

I thought about the $50 happy ending upgrade, but they wanted it to be over in 10 minutes like the hookers in Amsterdam, so I didn't think it was worth it...

6:50 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Listen T & C,

Don't give me any shit or I'll make you cry!

6:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paynterinflorida...it's so nice to hear your voice!! Welcome back from the beach. I've missed you.

10:15 AM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

Nice, Chuck.
Just curious. I have my laptop on a low coffee table like you do, in front of the couch. Do you find yourself throwing a pillow on the floor and squatting down and surfing from the floor, with the sofa as your back rest? or is it just me?

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

That's so funny! Exactly the same thing. I go from leaning over which is uncomfortable, to putting my feet up with the laptop on my lap, which is uncomfortable, to sitting on the floor, which is - uncomfortable!

Maybe I should use a real desk?

9:18 AM

 
Blogger cns said...

nice comment t&c...
it's a blue vibrating oompa loompa seat

7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home