Everybodies Hometown...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Latest weather and other such nonsense

YES!

YES, YES, YES! I'M SUNBURNED!

How often do you hear someone happy about that? Thursday was a tough day, I went to the beach for 3 hours. I got down a nice base coat of UVB-red. Let's face it, sooner or later no matter how careful I am I'm going to get burned.

So I made the conscious decision to get it over with. That way once I have a base layer of tan, it's less likely to happen in the future.

My back got it the worst because after all, how many of us are really flexible enough to get that spot between our shoulder blades?

I'm going back today for another coat, only this time I'll use lotion. I figure the one good burn got rid of all the alien life forms that were living on me.





Here is a picture of yours truly enjoying a morning coffee on the back porch.

Chuck M. got his "French press" out of storage so we could have coffee at home.

While I make it a general rule to have nothing to do with anything connected in anyway to France of things French, a man must make sacrifices and the alternative was to use a sock.

Not going to happen.






Here's a picture of our electrical pole out on the street. One week and it's still not hooked up, something about "the next full moon" or some such story?

Wiring in this country is pretty much anything you can get your hands on.

A couple of outlets in "the ark" are wired with lamp cord via a 30 amp breaker. In that situation it seems to me that the breaker is just an unnecessary expense.....


Lastly let me throw this out to my loyal readers. There is a girl down here who is a school teacher. She was lucky enough to get a visa to the USA which is good for 10 years. Apparently this is like hitting the lottery since it's very hard for Costa Ricans to get a visa. The condition is she has to get a job in the USA within the next 5 months or so. It doesn't have to be anything special, she is willing to be a nanny, she just has to get into the country, then she is ok.

If any of you have any ideas, please let me know.

All for now, Chuckster out - the beach is calling...Now who's rubbing the lotion on my back?




6 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

Chuck...I cannot express the importance of sunscreen! You had better be careful....your first couple of sentences reminded me of Sr. week, when we would fry the be-jesus out of ourselves...we always called CNN "bacon strips" due to the red stripes she would get on her legs. Ok, enough lecturing, but I will send you some lotion, although I think I need an expanded address...the yellow house that got robbed might not cut it at the post office :)
any chance you are able to watch the big game today?

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

AKJN,

Not to worry, first off I don't fry myself.

Second, comparing my skin type - middle Mediterranean to CNN's - Northern Icelandic is a bit of a stretch.

Lastly, I brought down some NO-AD 30, so I'm well protected.

Today, we are planning on going snorkling then afterwards I will go in search of the Superbowl. The word on the street is my neighbor Walter might be showing it, which would be convienient...

10:40 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

excellent news on both skin care and the game :)
cnn and I will do a toast you when she gets here...she's currently cooking a turkey

3:31 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

The pic is a little blurry, are you reading Curious George?

9:39 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Good eyes. The reason it was blury is because it's in Spanish.

I find that children's books are a good way to start....

11:27 AM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

Maybe you can get some side work down there as a Sveedish Nanny!

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home