Everybodies Hometown...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm feeling a bit like Lebowski

Dudes & Dudettes -

  • Donny: Phone's ringing, Dude. The Dude: Thank you, Donny.
  • Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation? The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
  • The Dude: That's a great plan, Walter. That's fuckin' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss fuckin' watch

M

M

(Get it??? Now back to our regularly scheduled blog.)

So apparently there was quite a big party Friday night. Heck, I might even be able to stretch it a bit and call it a "welcome home Chuck" party. Of course, next time you all decide to get together, you may actually want to tell me about it ahead of time, as in prior, before, preceding - it might increase the odds of me actually showing up.

Sounds like I missed a good time! I had a previous engagement - to sleep, and when I woke 12 hours later I magically transported myself (smuggled home some of that NightQueen Tea) to Philly for a day of drinking.

But I'll tell ya what. Why don't we meet this Friday and do it all over again? I have a feeling I'll be at Sligo's anyway....

4 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

sorry, chuck...apparantly PinF and CNN talked to a dude in Sligo's Fri nite who said that you would be coming out later...he was very definite about this-I just don't know what his name was...will have to confer with the others to determine who the dude was with the bogus chuck info...glad you're back!

7:01 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Oh, that was just my press agent. I pay him to spread faulty information in order to keep the paparazzi away!

If you had known the password, you could have wispered it in his ear and he would have given you the true story...but alas, you don't know the password.

So I will see you tomorrow?

10:20 AM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

My weak attempt at humor today, sung to the them of Welcome Back Kotter:

Welcome back,
Your pc skills were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To everyone's hometown where you hang about.

Well the beer hasn't changed since you hung around,
But the coffee shops have grown and the west end shut down.

Who'd have thought they'd need ya (Who'd have thought they'd need ya)
Down there in costa rica (down there in costa rica)

yeah we tease him alot cause we caught him smoking pot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

time-that is the funniest thing I have read!!! I even sang it out loud....maybe the blogers can make a recording of this for Chuck...I think you need to put the song as an actual post on your blog...loved it :)

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home