Everybodies Hometown...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

News Flash - Hot off the press!

Pay attention people, this is important! It's hot off the press and you should consider yourselves lucky to be receiving this here on the MisAdventuresofChuck blog before the general release to the public.

The current standing in the CMBL (Cahuita Men's Basketball League) have just been released, here they are:

Let me take a moment to emphasize the name that currently (and in perpetuity) holds the #1 spot!!

CMBL RANKINGS - Feb. 2006
1.) Chuck "el gringo" Beebe
2.) David
3.)*
4.) Chuck "Taliban" Moore
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

*Denotes initial ranking of next player to enter the league.


As you can see we are a few players short of a full league. However, due to the lack of a second basket and therefore no opportunity to play full court, maybe it's just as well.

However, it would be nice to have at least four players in the league as right now, 2v2 is a bit difficult.

Chuck "Taliban" Moore has been dropped from #3 in the standings to #4, for failure to compete in the necessary number of games. This means the next person to join the league will automatically assume the #3 spot, until he looses that ranking, one way or another. CNN, if you leave now by this weekend you might even be able to work your way up to #2!

10 Comments:

Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Do I dare come back for some more Vanilla Thunder? Ask Chuck, I led the nation in rejected shots, elbows thrown, and rims bent. Those 7 year-old Costa Ricans ain't got game.....

8:38 AM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

CMBL RANKINGS - Feb. 2006

1.)Tim "Vanilla Thunder" Paynter
2.)Chuck "el gringo" Beebe
3.)David
4.)*
5.)Chuck "Taliban" Moore
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

8:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CMBL RANKINGS - early March 2006

1.)Tim "Vanilla Thunder" Paynter
2.)Chuck "el gringo" Beebe
3.)David
4.)Mark "Havli-Peck"
5.)Chuck "Taliban" Moore
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

I have yet to receive the official report on David from my lead roundball scout in Central America, but if my memory of Chuck "Taliban" Moore's tennis exploits from Rose Valley Pool are any indication, I do believe I will be dunking over his bamboo huarache wearing ass repeatedly. That positions me comfortably in the # 4 slot, ensuring ample PT in the nightly 2 v 2 skirmishes.

The balance of the top ten will certainly be filled in by the members of the diplomacy delegation currently sailing for the shores of Costa Rica. Given the recent confirmation of Carlos' residence, the official mission has been changed and the budget slashed. We're now traveling in a 12 person umiak, with all members on paddle. We'll be exhausted upon arrival Carlos, so we're counting on you and the Swiss nannies for plenty of hospitality.

In related news, when will you be posting the official CMSHL (Cahuita Men's Street Hockey League) player rankings?

9:54 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

CMSHL
1)Beebe

(that league is lonelier than the CMBL)

As for the CMBL rankings, nice try Paynter, but your Vanilla Thunder Elbows start at #3. I will however allow Mr Havli-Peck the #4 spot above Taliban as he is correct, Chuck M has no game.

Unless of course, CNN shows up in the Umiak, then she get's #4, Peck #5, * #6, Chuck M #7.

We have the makings of a league....

11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I volunteer for the #10 spot on the CMBL.

7:08 PM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

I can't wait to read the debriefing report on your complete operation there... You've given us very few clues, but I imagine that's intentional.

Also, BTW, did you get that PC running? It looks like an early 486 - running, let me guess, Windows 3.0?

8:24 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

I have pulled a cheerleading uniform together, and have been doing some total recall to remember some bball cheers...chuck, I may still get down there since I have found a way to incorporate the wigs and platforms into my routine...

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Hari - I'll pencil you in #10, no problem.

DK - that was one of many Frankenstein computers down here. In addition that photo was strictly for the press, or in this case, my readers as the other guy in the picture actually knows more about hardware than me!

Jo-Jo - a simple

"Be aggressive"!
"Be...Be...Aggressive"!
"B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!"

will do fine.

8:55 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

how about...

jump ball..get it, get it
jump ball...get that ball!

gimme a V, dot your I, with a C T O R Y!

start making me some pompoms with palm fronds :)
It makes me sad and happy that i remember these cheers...thay couldbe the only hing I came away from Penncrest with :)

2:16 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

yikes-sp errors!
I can thank Penncrest for that..

2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home