Everybodies Hometown...

Monday, February 27, 2006

BIG Wednesday, or in this case Friday

The waves were really booming today, "Cutback Kalson" would have loved it. Small pipelines, not big enough for surfing in, but you could have boogie-boarded in a few, which was what I planned to do!

I grabbed Chuck’s snorkeling fins and the boogie board at the house and headed to Black Beach up the street. Standing on shore, it was probably about 50 yards to the outside break and you had to cross 5 to 6 waves to get there, each one progressively bigger than the previous. This means in reality as I was paddling out, I probably went over 20+ waves. (I think it was wave 23 that really did me in).

Now, I have to admit when I was setting out, I NEW I was pretty much offering up my body for Neptune’s amusement. How right I was. I actually almost made it to the outer break! Almost.

Similar to my one surfing experience in Humboldt, I exhausted myself before ever getting to ride a wave, unless you count getting pushed in land backwards as a ride and in most scoring systems, no.

Defeated but happy none the less, I set about more tamer pursuits. Collecting more bamboo driftwood.



The current standings now in the COSBL – the Cahuita Open Surf & Boogieboard League – now stand as follows. Condensed to save time.

1)Tito
2)Pito
3)Repito
4)Burrito
5)Chico
6)Harpo
7)Zeppo
.
.
.
999) El Gringo

I only managed to crack the top 1000 because there are only 999 entrants. In addition I was disqualified from today’s event for failure to perform a single trick. A direct result of my failure to catch a single wave.

On a bright note, when I was being rescued by CRBW – Costa Rican Bay Watch – I was so delusional from the 3 gallons of salt water I swallowed, that I thought it was Pamela Anderson herself that was giving me mouth-to-mouth. So that wasn’t bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger PokerPro said...

Chuck, please tell us you didn't mistakenly french kiss some she-male lifeguard while she gave you CPR!!

12:07 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

You know it wasn't Pamela, but a 50-ish man named Alejandro who gave you mouth-to-mouth....with his big Corona belly and in a banana hammock, no less.
I appreciate the way you are trying to block that out-I would, too.

12:34 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

tito? is the jackson 5 hiding out down there?

1:16 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

If all the world is an illision, than it doesn't matter what actually happened, only what I think happened.

2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home