Everybodies Hometown...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday Morning Sixties

So I'm up before the sun on a Saturday, not sure what that says other than maybe I had a boring Friday night?

Regardless, it was partially intentional, for it allows me the opportunity to listen to Saturday Morning 60's with Michael Tearson on WMGK. Thanks to the Internet I can catch this program anywhere I am.

This is a throw back to the days of free form radio. Radio the way it should be. For the most part I know all the artists, but I rarely know all the songs. He seems to announce the artist and song for every song, either before or after and also often gives a little liner note material to boot.

Sure I had the Rolling Stones this morning - "Children of the Summer" was the song I think? But I do remember it was the B-side to Jumping Jack Flash.

The Who - Boris the Spider. How often do we get that during the standard "classic rock" shows?

Hendrix, Howlin' Wolf, Procol Harum - but all songs you don't normally hear from them. Since it's Halloween weekend, he's playing multiple versions of "season of the witch".

All good stuff if you like rock. Saturdays 6-8am. Internet. Check it out.

Coffee time.

2 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

Nice!
Another internet listening suggestion: KPIG out of Santa Cruz, CA. I think you'd like it.

10:42 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

I'll check it out.

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home