Everybodies Hometown...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

FLASHBACK

PinF, you may not be able to produce my lost blogs, but I can. The technology does infact exist....


Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saturday Morning

Why am I up so early on Saturday morning?

Apparently the bottle of wine I drank wasn't enough to keep me in bed so it's off to work. Blog work.

I put on my best summer gear - cargo pocket shorts, my teva's and a Under Armour "loose gear" compliments of one Sean Sullivan. As I head out into the cold and gray of this Holland morning it quickly becomes apparent that thoughts of home - hazy, hot and humid - will have to keep me warm, because my "best summer gear" will not.

As I'm high-beaming my way to Andre's (I hope no one notices, I'm feeling self conscious) I also realize in my haste I've forgotten to brush my teeth. Oh well, most of the world is still asleep and 3 cups of coffee will cut the film right off.

Now, if I only had a story to write.......

posted by Chuck at


Thursday, July 28, 2005

U can't touch this....

The problem with blogger is it's like Star Wars, everything happens out of order. Now if that doesn't bother you, read on. But if you like to follow along in chronological order, scroll down. I've been a busy boy, during my recently found free time.

....U can't touch this.....Get the sound in your head.

During my second trip to Andre's in one day, I came across on of my favorite things - a fiets accident! My enjoyment was short-lived as it turned out to be a grandma who was down. She appeared to be alright, they do build em tough over here...Another 100m farther and I passed a cute blond who smiled at me, we'll actually at my bike. The cruiser does stand out over here and it probably doesn't hurt that it is orange. The way I see it, a smile for my bike, is a smile for the guy on it.

...Can't touch this....are you picturing the moves, the rhythm, the rhyme?

So I'm watching late-ish night TV last night, after all what reason do I have to get up early? I was channel surfing hoping "bouncing babes" was on. Use your imagination. Unfortunately it wasn't late night enough. As I surfed on I was thinking to myself how lucky I was to have at least 5 music video channels! All of which seem to play the outstanding hits I want to hear!! Case in point MC Hammer!!!!!!!

HAMMER TIME - Can't touch this....

I stop instantly at the sound (ba-da-da-da-can't touch this). Finally, after 20 years I get to put the finishing touches on my "Hammer" moves! This is a great day!

Now where are my baggy pants, I need to practice? It's Hammer time!

Editors Note: we wish to apologize for any traumatic memories that may be drummed up from the dark recesses of your mind, memories long repressed, due to the content of this blog. 18 hours and I still can't get the sound out of my head! (ba-da-da-da, can't touch this). I thought all copies of "Can't Touch This" had been destroyed by UN mandate prohibiting the use of psychological weaponry? Apparently a few copies have fallen into the wrong hands.

posted by Chuck at


Ode to the Coffee Gods

Let's return now to those days of yesteryear - when Chuck would rise early, or maybe not so early, consume an overabundance of Andre's coffee and write blog. Not just any blog mind you, but GOOD blog. The editors here at MisAdventures of Chuck blog won't stand for mediocrity ("we won't stand for mediocrity" off in the distance), and have told yours truly to step up or step out.

(Imagine, fired from my own blog! How humiliating would that be)?

So in an effort to regain my lost form, I've returned to the routine that worked so well in the past. I awoke at 8am and headed first thing to Andre's and put on a big pot of coffee. I'm already on cup two and can feel the beast starting to awake.

Unlike certain Scout Masters who either - know nothing about electricity or just "weren't prepared" - shame on you! I have come with multiple weapons at my disposal, having never forgotten the Boy Scout motto.

The first is a small offering in the form of prayer. Yes that is right, the atheist prays, but that is a ramble for another day, so without further adieu -

"oh coffee gods, ignite the fire of creativity that once burned within, but has recently been reduced to smoldering ashes"

....hmmmmm, I'm feeling something. Yes definitely the coffee is working. Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom.....

The coffee gods can be fickle.

Not knowing how quickly the coffee gods would respond (although judging by the haste with which I had to run to the bathroom it's either 1 prayer or 1 1/2 cups of Andre's coffee) I have already implemented my backup plan. A sizeable block of The Clash which I downloaded illegally off the Internet last night. Hell, the Clash stood for rebellion, how else would you download them but illegally! TURN IT UP!!!!!!!!

Someday I will write a blog article on my thoughts about "file sharing" and the hypocrisy of the record companies. Not today.

The one thing I miss over here is my music. I have my entire CD collection plus all the files I've illegally and happily download, on my other PC. Why I didn't transfer them to my laptop is beyond me, I can only assume I had temporarily forgotten the Boy Scout motto. It's funny how music takes you back to times and places in your life - I can remember 7th grade (Hari will back me on this one) and David "Lester" Jones standing next to the juke box for the entire lunch period. This immediately brings to mind two questions - How did Lester get so fat if he didn't actually eat any lunch? And, we had a jukebox in the cafeteria? How cool was that!

Over and over he would play the Police, De-do-do-do, De-da-da-da. All lunch, 5 days a week, they whole year. At least that's how I remember it.

Jump foreword a few years and it's another Police song "Every breath you take" that reminds me of senior week. You can trace out the steps of your life hopping from one song to the next. I wonder what I will be listening to when I'm 110?

In closing I want to pay homage to everyone's favorite recently departed engineer with these word -"Scotty.....we need....more power"!Chuck out- I need to start illegally downloading tomorrows inspiration

posted by Chuck

1 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

oh goodness....Every Breath You Take was me and Huey's "song" in high school....some memories that songs rekindle are better left buried forever...ugh!
Thank Gad that experience did not ruin the Police for me...I fancy that ak looks like Sting in the right light :)
oh-I had 3 pair of Hammer pants-THE most unflattering fit for a woman...only suitable for babies with large dumping capacity.

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home