Everybodies Hometown...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My thoughts for the day...

How does a mother, father and two kids - and their car - get lost in the Oregon woods for 4 days? I mean, they found the mom and two kids and the car down some dirt road. Dad is still missing. Did you drive 100 miles up a dirt road and run out of gas? Where were you going? Where are their 100 mile dirt roads? How could you run out of gas? I don't get it.....



2 dead U.S solders, 30 Iraqi's. That seems about par for the course. Nobody ever talks about the dead Iraqi's, after all they are the enemy. Sure the news reports the numbers but that is about it. I have to admit I spend more time thinking about the war from the Iraqi perspective, don't know what that means? Maybe I'm a traitor?

Think about how mad everyone is at the loss of life in the USA. What are we up to now 4000? Multiply that by 15 and we get 60,000 Iraqi's. Think how mad they must be? Plus we are over there stomping around on their soil blowing up their buildings. That adds a 2X multiplier to the "mad" factor. So if they are 2X "mad" because we blow up their infrastructure and 15X "mad" at the loss of life they are now 30X "mad" at us as we are at them.

I know what you're thinking, shouldn't they be 17X "mad"?

Does it really matter?


Editors Update - "the lost family" - According to MSNBC, they were lost for 9 days, not 4 as I thought I heard this morning. They were taking the back roads and got stuck because of a winter storm. They were 15 miles from whatever road they were looking for. Still I have to ask, what the heck?

5 Comments:

Blogger d.K. said...

It does matter. And it explains a lot, like why the only ones who still want us in Iraq are George, Laura, and their Scottish Terrier. (The daughters have had a chance to think about it yet...)

9:58 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

DK - I see the ambiguity in what I wrote.

When I was asking "what does it matter?", I was referring to the 17X vs 30X madness factor - not to the fact that I think people don't tend to think about the Iraqi's side of the story. But in reading your comment I see how my point might not have come across clearly.

CB

12:38 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

and now that I re-read what I just wrote, I think I'm still confused!

Even I don't know what I'm trying to say.

12:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ol' boys fiqure the more buildings they flatten the more contract Haliburton can sign and compound on their already staggering war profit. SCUMBAGS!!!



PS the fj40 is looking stellar!

5:45 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

The FJ looks good because of the snow.

It's kind of like makeup for a car...

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home