Everybodies Hometown...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday Morning

Do you think Bo Schembechler timed his death to inspire Michigan in what was most likely their biggest game of the season? I admit that would be a bit drastic, especially given the fact it didn't work. But those football guys have a different mentality. I wouldn't put it past him.


It is finally starting to act like winter here. It got down to the 30's and we got a light, very light dusting over night. It was still coming down when I went to work this morning. When it snows outside, it snows inside the Toyota too. The gap between the hard top and the top of the windshield isn't sealed so the air that blows through pulls in the snow flakes as well. I suppose if the conditions were right, given enough time I could actually have a snowball fight inside my car.


Turns out I won't be home for Thanksgiving and CNN's world famous "meat festival." I don't know if CNN's roomy Jen is participating in that festival, but if she is, I'll be sorry to miss it - I like redheads.

Still that's good news for a mid-December get together, right around...say...Saturday the 16th. It will coincide nicely with my birthday. See you then.

12 Comments:

Blogger cns said...

WTF
i need someone to buy me stellas at slacky's friday night and drive me home

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

I seem to recall that it was YOUR turn to buy me Stella's and give me a ride home?

How quickly they forget...

5:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what would keep you warm while driving your Snowcat/Land Cruiser? An old man mask!


Redheads? Like father like son

5:32 PM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

Hey Chuck,
I like redheads too. Something very different and exotic, right? Happy Turkey day, amigo,
D.K

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Exactly, and it doesn't hurt that Jen is an especially cute redhead.

Plus she likes me too! OK, so she hasn't quite come to terms with that yet, but I can wait.

And a happy TurkeyDay to you as well!


Now....if I could only find that old man mask I could have some real fun this weekend......

7:55 AM

 
Blogger cns said...

i'm have red highlights

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Nice try Snow White.

8:04 PM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

CNN, you might have red eyes after you drink the Monkey! Chuck, perfect timing for your trip home, as The Donald should be handing me a fat suitcase stuffed with cash on or about the 16th at the Taj Mahal.

11:45 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Chuck!
Excited to see you the 16th :)

6:38 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

Where is Sophie's link? How long does it take MofC BOG to approve? An 8 year old Florida gal hangs in the blog breeze.......

10:07 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

the co-op does not sell fresca
please send me a 6-pack

love,
cnn

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck,

Are you still in Vermont, or is the Land Cruiser currently plodding south on Rt. 100 with hopes of arriving in Everybody's Home Town by the 16th?

11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home