Everybodies Hometown...

Friday, February 16, 2007

Blizzard '07

Fear not Pecker, I'm alive and well, both feet intact! The final tally according to the news was 29" in Stowe, but with the wind blowing the way it was, there were some good drifts here and there.

Like in front of my door. I had to exit the property thru the slider around back and trek thru

crotch deep snow to get up here. At the time I only had a broom (and the two shovels you saw yesterday). Luckily the snow was nothing but powder and you could actually sweep it away.

Here's me standing in 3+ feet of snow. I know the pictures never do it justice...

Under all this snow somewhere, is my split rail fench. It was covered over mostly by the snow plows. The biggest casualty of the storm are the mailboxs that just get smashed up when the plow comes by. Mostly from all the flying snow getting pushed out of the way.

I did hear on the news though that a few barn roofs caved in, and the cost of milk might go up...

Here's a couple views of the driveway...Battling Betty has gone AWOL.



...and the Toyota is for sale if anyone's interested?


15 Comments:

Blogger tedman said...

How much for the toyota? Do you deliver? Not that I need another vehicle, but I always liked that FJ-40.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

That would violate my credo not to sell my overpriced piece of rust to an unsuspecting friend...

But having been warned for you - $2995 delivered!

12:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a real man would only need 4" of snow for it to be "crotch deep" the fact that you needed almost 3ft to be "crotch deep" we'll put down to shrinkage.

10:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I see 2 sets of trax in that snow near the house? I sure hope so.

10:38 PM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

Chuck,
I'll bet Costa Rica has been on the brain for a few days, no? Chalk it up to another of the (mis)adventures of Chuck... and hang in there, amigo.
P.S. Your shovel is just a wee bit smaller than mine - it shows our resilient optimism (or would delusional sense of reality better describe it?) Hehehe.

5:16 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Not that it's any of your business but I coil mine up so it doesn't hand down my pant leg and into my boot.

That prevents the snow that inevitably finds it's way into my boot from causing frost bite to the all important working end.

Brrrrrrr.

Now you know.

9:04 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Hari, you did see two sets of tracks!

Me coming and going.


DK, I look thru the pictures I have every so often. It would be nice to be sitting on the beach now working on my skin cancer. Summer's right around the corner though...I smell spring in the air.

Or is that fresh coffee?

9:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dick in a boot

10:52 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

Someone is posing as "jojo".

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

accusations of POSING have been thrown out there....

12:38 PM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

Though, it is a very clever use of the term.

12:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yawn

6:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard you were in 19063????

11:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUSTED!

9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hot stuff...

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home