Everybodies Hometown...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Powershift

Things are a bit slow this week for me, at least as far as ideas for something to blog about. I guess I can tell you about my new job working for Powershift, Stowe's very own ISP.

I'm off to a bit of an unusual start. First off, it's been hard for me to access the Internet to blog. Mostly because I don't have a computer yet. Of course, for the first week and a half it didn't make much of a difference because I didn't have a desk to sit at either. I took care of that last week myself, by walking into the open office at the front, drilling a hole in the floor and mounting a small flag in the hole, declaring the office - Beebeland.

The next day I brought my laptop in and was able to access the Internet, even though I don't have a user name or password to access Powershifts intranet. So now I have my own laptop to go with my own little country of Beebeland, and at least I can respond to emails and such without going to the library.

My sister, the nurse, got a laptop, pager and desk on her first day of work. I, the IT tech, have got nothing. Hmmmm?

Since today is Wednesday and I will be off on Friday to return to Media to get my Toyota and other stuff, this will be a short week. I'm betting by the end of this week I still won't have a user name or password to log on to the intranet (with my own computer).

I did get a phone yesterday, but there is no sense in answering it, I can't field support calls anyway - can't access the ticketing system due to my lack of ability to log in.

It would seem that there are a few bugs here at Powershift that need to be worked out. I guess I got here at the right time. I only hope I stick around long enough to fix a few of the problems....

15 Comments:

Blogger cns said...

hang in there chuck...
are we gonna get to see you this wknd?

mrs. cnn

5:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a Costanza I think I work here thing or do the powers that be really sign a paycheck with your name on it? Just looking out for you Chuckie!
Glad to see your back up and blogging.

xo
d

11:03 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

I did get my first paycheck yesterday, so I guess I really do have a job,even if I don't have a desk to sleep under.

7:19 AM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

testing

8:12 AM

 
Blogger d.K. said...

You aren't, by chance, working for the federal government, are you? The efficiency you describe sure sounds like it :)

8:54 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Test was successful.

Repeat test was successful.

Nice of those boys at Google to fix your problem for you.

I wondered about it, when I noticed a "switched to beta" at the bottom of my own comment login....

9:14 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

DK, Powershift is running at peak gov't efficiency!

9:15 AM

 
Blogger PokerPro said...

Sounds like they need some help in their HR dept. Is the Toyota really going to make it up there? Hope you've been keeping up with those 300 mile oil changes.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

I don't need to change the oil, it sort of changes itself as it drips out the bottom.

I just need to keep it topped off. Which reminds me....

11:25 AM

 
Blogger akjn westside said...

do you need a passport to Beebeland?

hey-we have a 92 Honda that needs a new home...interested? akjn will make you a great deal :)

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

No passports needed to get into Beebeland and marijuana is legal.

I might actually be interested in a Honda, what kind of MPG's does it get???

12:42 PM

 
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Chuck- What if I told you I knew how you could view your "lost" blogs?
Would you be interested?
Have you already moved past "them"? Do you wonder how you can capture that Magic again?

I (PinF), have see with my own eyes, your supposed lost blogs....question is, do I unleash the technological ability that enables you to harness such awe inspiring postings that were once your bread and butter?

I will be conferring with Peck before any dcision is made to release the URL to where you may find the "pot-0-gold".

Unleashing these postings may in fact bring greater harm to the immediate future of AofC, hence my reticence to do so.

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Playing with fire is dangerous PinF...

10:23 PM

 
Blogger cns said...

i miss what we had
does anyone have any pain pills?

3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lost Ark of the Covenant, The Smile Project, The Nazca Lines......... YAWN!

None of these mysteries hold a candle to the (m)AoC Lost Blogs Enigma. Get out your Carbon 14, O Bald Non Computing One, and put yourself at our mercy. Only when you comply with our demands will that which you covet be disclosed.

Don't let your foolish pride get in the way of the greater good, Chuck, there is too much at stake.

6:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home